Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow day horror

Several years ago, while living in Central Texas, we had an afternoon ice storm.  I was at work with no water pitcher to use and who in that area owns an ice scraper?  Thinking ahead I went to the car to turn on the defrost and get 'er warming (if you live in Texas you'll eventually use the phrase, it's beyond your control.)  So car on? check.  Defrost on high? check.  Okay I'll go wait inside until it's ready.  Lock the door...lock the door?  Shoot the keys are in it!  (Not unheard of for me.)  So I'll call my husband... wait he's in exams... AAAAGGGHH!
 I'll just get a hanger and open it.  Unfortunately the retail store I worked for must have had fears of metal hangers from watching Mommie Dearest.  Only plastic hangers, okay so there was one flimsy metal hanger from shipping.  Try, try again...to no avail.  A man drives up and asks if he can help; he seems a little out of sorts.  However, I reticently explain my predicament naively to the stranger and he appears with an ideal piece of wire!  He bends it and uses it and Voila!


 I thank him profusely and then he hands me the wire (apparently it was a good idea to talk to a stoned stranger.)  Where did he find this ideal wire?  ... it was the CB antenna from our car.  Thank you.  Thank you very much. (Yellow is in lieu of sarcastic font.)  But I have to say it's made a funny story that I love to relay.

No comments:

Post a Comment