Monday, January 17, 2011

Frustrated

What makes man different from God, that the first is so easily frustrated?  Is is a lack of patience, unrealistic expectation, lack of faithfulness or devotion?   Is it our capacity, our circumstance,  or our character that is lacking.  Or is it simply our perspective?

All we do crumbles, fades, is destroyed.  Is it in terms of the mere physical?

We dream so big, try to do too much too fast, we don't prioritize well enough.  Is it that we can't conceive or develop a realistic goal?

We give up too soon, don't finish the race, don't believe in ourselves.  Is it that fail to stay the course?

Whatever it is that we yet lack that causes any conceivable frustration, know this, You are his greatest work.  And the works of God cannot and will not be frustrated.  He never changes, He never stops, He knows the beginning from the end,  His faithfulness to you is not dependent upon what weakness you have overcome.  He is your advocate, your friend, your Father in heaven, He has overcome and is just waiting for you to accept that despite who you are He knows you and His love is without end for you. 

So how do we overcome frustration?  We do it His way, we become humble enough to accept His help and we become a little more like Him so we can see things from His perspective.  And if it doesn't work today, do the same tomorrow.

I'm sure I'll come back to this one sometime.  It something I've pondered over for years.  But I best not delay posting it, simply beacause it's imperfect/ incomplete.

5 comments:

  1. I read this over several times Izzie, making sure I absorbed every line, every thought. It's something I do hope you revisit again, as I feel we all have these same thoughts, and ponder the answer. Thanks for putting into words.
    Laurie


    On another note, could you e-mail me your address for the Valentine exchange? And are you the same Elizabeth that posted anonymous, just so I have the right persons!
    Thanks,
    Laurie
    laurienuske@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laurie for your kind words. Each day offers new hope as we let go a little more and trust Him a little more. May you be blessed with the joy and peace only he can offer. (And hopefully, I'll remember to do the same:D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey did you drop facebook or just me? No hard feelings, just curious. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are you? You're not blogging or on Facebook? I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not dead, just w/o email and internet for a month! Glad to be back. Missed all my friends. Deactivated temporarily since I couldn't reply. Sorry for the concern.

    ReplyDelete